Use a reader
Subscribe by Email
Blog » CSS Debugging Tips
Posted on 22 Apr 2009 21:39
- Use "FireBug".
- Live preview of changes
- Easy discovery of why it looks like it.
- Overlay your page on a design while working on it. Firefox plugin
- Use "Web Developer" add-on for Firefox
- It allows you to replace the css of a site with your local file you are editing and debugging (with FireBug of course)
- Go KDE, Kubuntu.
- Kate or KWrite are lovely CSS editors already.
- KDE Color Picker Widget. Allows you easily steal colors from anywhere and to put them into your CSS.
- Go Linux at least. You might try many more editors like QuantaPlus.
And finally be sure to read How not to suck at web design (for developers)
If you like this page, please spread the word:
You can contact me if you have questions or corrections.